Can filmed history measure up to written history?
Visions of the Past: The Challenge of Film to Our Idea of History
What happens to history when it is recorded in images, rather than words? Can images convey ideas and information that lie beyond words? Taking on these timely questions, Robert Rosenstone pioneers a new direction in the relationship between history and film. Rosenstone moves beyond traditional approaches, which examine the history of film as art and industry, or view films as texts reflecting their specific cultural contexts. Arctic Drilling. Bank Bailout.
- Everyday Youth Literacies: Critical Perspectives for New Times.
- Practical WPF Graphics Programming?
- Architectural approaches!
- Visions of the Past: The Challenge of Film to Our Idea of History by Robert A. Rosenstone.
- Footprints of the Welsh Indians: Settlers in North America before 1492?
- Archiving and restoring Africa's film heritage: Visions and Challenges | Watershed.
- Bestselling Series?
Border Walls. Bullying in Schools. Campaign Finance Reform.
- The Routledge Companion to Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
- The State of SIE.
- John Austin, Jurists: Profiles in Legal Theory Series (Stanford Law Books - Jurists: Profiles in Legal Theory).
- Imperialism, Crisis and Class Struggle: The Enduring Verities and Contemporary Face of Capitalism: Essays in Honor of James Petras?
- The Brontes of Haworth: Yorkshires Literary Giants - Their Lives, Works, Influences and Inspirations;
- See a Problem?!
Carbon Offsetting. Economic Stimulus Package.
Visions of the Past: The Challenge of Film to Our Idea of History - Caltech Magazine
Endangered Species. Executive Pay.
Global Warming. Gun Control. Immigration Restrictions.
Intelligent Design. Iraq War. North Korea.
Jari rated it liked it Jun 11, Kristin rated it liked it Jan 11, Zachary Hertel-therrien rated it liked it Dec 30, Lindsay rated it liked it Apr 25, Lana rated it really liked it Feb 14, Creikord rated it liked it Oct 26, Cat rated it liked it Mar 27, Chasisty rated it really liked it Dec 25, Dimitris Diamantis rated it it was amazing Apr 13, Lizzy rated it liked it Feb 10, Joseph rated it liked it Feb 03, Monica Jacobs rated it really liked it Jun 03, Chellie rated it it was ok Apr 20, Sofie Verdoodt rated it liked it Aug 10, Abi rated it liked it Apr 12, Anthony rated it really liked it Mar 23, Stephanie rated it really liked it Nov 02, Dean rated it really liked it Jul 06, Tim rated it really liked it Oct 14, Joseph rated it liked it Jan 26, Courtlyn rated it it was amazing Feb 02, Kara rated it liked it Mar 29, Ashley Johnson rated it liked it Dec 13, There are no discussion topics on this book yet.
About Robert A.
- Readinging new Visions of the Past: Challenge of Film to Our Idea of History D0nwload P-DF;
- Other Topics;
- Navigation menu.
Robert A. Rosenstone, who was born in Montreal, Canada, but has lived most of his life in Los Angeles, is the author of a dozen books in various genres, including history, biography, criticism, and fiction.